Product Notice 2016-11-001 – Bulletin 1715 Redundant I/O Modules Internal Fuse May Fail Under Elevated Ambient Temperatures
The purpose of this Product Notice is to inform you of a potential anomaly that exists with select 1715 Redundant I/O modules.Where 1715 modules are installed in enclosures without cooling and where the ambient temperatures exceed 40°C/104°F, the internal fuse may fail prematurely.
Important: Modules installed in a redundant (fault tolerant) configuration will not impact the plant operation should the fuse fail as described in this Product Notification.
|Module Number||Affected Build Version Range||Affected Manufacturing Date Range|
|1715-IB16D||B6 through C9||October 2009 through August 2011|
|1715-IF16||B6 through C7||October 2009 through August 2011|
|1715-OB8DE||F7 through H8||October 2009 through May 2011|
A potential anomaly exists with select 1715 Redundant I/O modules. Where 1715 modules are installed in enclosures without cooling and where the ambient temperatures exceed 40°C/104°F, the internal fuse on 1715 modules 1715 IB16D, 1715-IF16 and 1715-OB8DE may fail prematurely (1 to 10 years in service, depending on the length of exposure to the higher temperatures or how high the exposure is above the 40°C/104°F) rendering the module non-operational. The module will fail in an all outputs off state. The fuse is not user accessible and failed modules must be returned to Rockwell Automation for remanufacturing.
There are no workarounds available. Affected product must be returned for replacement as described in the Correction section of this document
Affected product, as identified in the Product Identification section of this document, must be returned for replacement. For systems operating below 40°C/104°F ambient temperature, replacement may be made at the next scheduled system maintenance time.
A 1715 Redundant I/O Return Material Authorization (RMA) number is required to return a module to Rockwell Automation. To request an RMA:
- Create an empty email and set the title to "RMA request - PN 2016-11-001" (without the quote marks).
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a reply which includes instructions, a request form, and a list of regional support centers.
- Following the instructions in the email, complete the provided request form and send the completed form to your nearest regional center. Your regional repair coordinator will work with you to repair, upgrade, or replace the affected modules.
Requested customer action
- Check if you have a product affected by this Product Notice. Refer to the Product Identification and Description sections of this document for product identification assistance.
- An RMA number is required to return affected product for repair. Refer to the instructions in the Correction section for RMA instructions. Rockwell Automation will accept requests for replacement product for a period of 18 months from the initial publication of this Product Notice.
- All returns should be over packed to prevent shipping damage during transit.
- If you need additional assistance, please contact your 1715 Redundant I/O System Integrator, 1715 Redundant I/O Regional Support Center, or Rockwell Automation Technical Support. See Appendix A for local telephone numbers. Customers without TechConnect contracts should reference this Product Notice PN 2016-11-001 requesting support.